ALBERT BELL'S SACRO SANCTUS "Ad Aeternum" (CD)Blackened Heavy/Doom Metal (April 2016)
ARTIST: ALBERT BELL'S SACRO SANCTUS
TITLE: "Ad Aeternum"
GENRE: Primeval Blackened Heavy/Doom Metal
RELEASE DATE: April 29th, 2016
LABEL: Metal On Metal Records
CATALOG ID: MOMR16062
FORMAT: CD in jewel case • 8 tracks (approx. 56 min.) • 12 pages stapled booklet with lyrics, liner notes, photos, artwork and info + 4 cover arts insert • All full-color
1. Ad Aeternum
2. Terra Santa
3. The Messenger
4. The Key of Splendour
5. Hex and Heresy
6. Seal of Damnation
7. Invocations of Unlight
8. Illuminati (Will to Power)
Total playing time: 56:24
The sophomore opus from the Maltese metal-monger Albert Bell's SACRO SANCTUS offers no quarter, forging a unique style of old school epic and primeval blackened heavy/doom metal. Expect a barrage of savage riffs, sometimes more on the doom, other times on the thrash side, intended especially for the initiated in the arcane paths of olde. Bell conjures references from a rich tapestry of hallowed sources such as VENOM, ROOT, TÖRR, NEMESIS, CELTIC FROST, SABBAT (UK), ATOMKRAFT, ZEMIAL, MORTUARY DRAPE, BATHORY, ANCIENT RITES, Abbath's I or SAINT VITUS. He has also become much more confident as a vocalist, exploring various styles of expression. Lyrically, the album picks up where the debut left off, charting the last crusades, the Templars' discovery of ancient hermetic texts, their persecution and executions, the curse of de Molay, and the infiltration into several secret societies by the surviving ones. "Ad Aeternum" is a brute, gauntlet-clad fist in the face of all hipster pretenders and trenders. None shall be spared!
• 2nd blackened heavy/doom metal solo effort of Albert Bell, a veteran of the Maltese metal scene, known as the bassist and main composer for Forsaken and Nomad Son.
• A compelling concept album – the story picks up where the debut "Deus Volt" left off, following the last crusades, the Templars' journey into arcane knowledge, the arrest, excommunication and execution of de Molay and his associates on the stake, his curse on the persecutors, and finally, the surviving Templars infiltrating various secret societies.
• 4 different cover artworks printed on a separate insert, additional to the booklet with lyrics, liner notes and plenty of other artwork.
• Produced, mixed and mastered by David Vella (engineering guru known for his work with Rammstein, Paradise Lost, Helloween, Clawfinger and many others) in the famous Temple Studios in Malta.
• For fans of: Venom, Root, Törr, Nemesis (pre-Candlemass), early Celtic Frost, Sabbat (UK), Atomkraft, later Zemial, Mortuary Drape, later Bathory, Ancient Rites, I, Saint Vitus, early Death SS and Paul Chain...
Cover art #1 by Leticia Almeida (www.pompafunebris.deviantart.com).
Cover art #2 "The Capture of Jerusalem by Jacques de Molay in 1299" by Claude Jacquand, 1846.
Cover art #3 "Jacques de Molay being led to the stake" cover art by anonymous, XIX c.
Cover art #4 by Paolo Girardi (www.facebook.com/Paolo-Girardi).