ALBERT BELL'S SACRO SANCTUS "Deus Volt" (CD)Blackened Heavy/Doom Metal (November 2014)
ARTIST: ALBERT BELL'S SACRO SANCTUS
TITLE: "Deus Volt"
GENRE: Primeval Blackened Heavy/Doom Metal
RELEASE DATE: November 14th, 2014
LABEL: Metal On Metal Records
CATALOG ID: MOMR14049
FORMAT: CD in jewel case • 7 tracks (approx. 47 min.) • 12 pages stapled booklet with lyrics, band photos and info • All full-color
1. The Tears of Ishtar (8:04)
2. Arcana Imperii (6:36)
3. Beatification of the Dead (5:34)
4. Ordo Templaris (7:43)
5. At the Horns of Hattin (6:45)
6. Defender of the Holy Cross (5:19)
7. Deus Volt (The Siege of Ascalon) (7:13)
Total playing time: 47:14
Malta's most seasoned doom monger Albert Bell of FORSAKEN and NOMAD SON fame strikes with his first solo album (handling bass, guitar and vocals), that may surprise those who know him only from his epic and traditional doom bands. Here his darker and more extreme metal inspirations come to the fore; SACRO SANCTUS' debut brings arcane heavy doom, steeped in the primeval sounds and atmosphere of the early black/thrash metal. Imagine TÖRR, NEMESIS, later ZEMIAL, early CELTIC FROST, MORTUARY DRAPE, early DEATH SS and PAUL CHAIN, VARATHRON, VENOM, epic-era BATHORY and SAINT VITUS, all put in one cauldron. Lyrically, "Deus Volt" is a concept album, drawing from both myth and historical fact, and telling a compelling story about crusader incursions. It emanates from a mind that remains obsessed and entrenched in the path of olde, and is intended for the discerning and elite old-schoolers. No sludge, no goth, no stoner, no post anything! Only doom with a heavy dose of true metal in its pristine hues!
• First solo album of Albert Bell, veteran of the Maltese metal scene, known as the bassist and main composer for Forsaken and Nomad Son.
• A compelling concept album about the Knights Templar and other Christian military orders.
• Produced, mixed and mastered by David Vella (engineering guru known for his work with Rammstein, Paradise Lost, Helloween, Clawfinger and many others) in the famous Temple Studios in Malta.
• For fans of: Törr, Nemesis (pre-Candlemass), later Zemial, early Celtic Frost, Hellhammer, Mortuary Drape, early Death SS and Paul Chain, Varathron, Root, Venom, later Bathory, Saint Vitus, The Black (Italy)...
Cover art by Gustave Doré (1832-1883).