DARK QUARTERER "Ithaca" (CD)Epic/Progressive Metal (April 2015)
ARTIST: DARK QUARTERER
GENRE: Epic/Progressive Metal
RELEASE DATE: April 24th, 2015
LABEL: Metal On Metal Records
CATALOG ID: MOMR15052
FORMAT: CD in jewel case • 7 tracks (approx. 56 min.) • 12 pages stapled booklet with lyrics, band photos and info • All full-color
1. The Path of Life
2. Night Song
3. Mind Torture
6. Rage of Gods
7. Last Fight
Total playing time: 56:20
DARK QUARTERER, the legendary Italian band from 1980, known as pioneers of epic progressive style, come back with their 6th full-length album "Ithaca". Their style could be best described as an amalgam of '80s epic heavy metal with '70s progressive rock, and some elements of doom. Masterful musicianship and songwriting is a guarantee with this band, and this shows in the instantly memorable songs that reveal more sublime details with every spin of the album. Their music is very warm, full of various emotions and moods, much thanks to the impressive vocal use, ranging from mystical and fragile sounding sotto voce, through more eccentric singing and falsettos, to full-on powerful metal delivery. Lyrically, it's a concept album inspired by the poem "Ithaca" by Constantine P. Cavafy, in which Odysseus' travel back home from the Trojan War is seen as a metaphor for life, where the goal is not important, but the journey itself. And the album itself is a fascinating journey through sound and words. Spellbinding, unconventional, quirky... A unique and monumental work of art which could be also described with just one word: EPIC. Not to be missed by fans of ADRAMELCH, MANILLA ROAD, THUNDER RIDER, SLOUGH FEG, as well as Italian prog rock bands like THE TRIP or GOBLIN.
• 6th full-length album of this legendary Italian band from 1980, known as pioneers of epic progressive style.
• Masterful musicianship and songwriting, and clear, dynamic production.
• Concept album inspired by the poem "Ithaca" by Constantine P. Cavafy, in which Odysseus' travel back home from the Trojan War is seen as a metaphor for life, where the goal is not important, but the journey itself.
• The band is very active live, having played at many renowned festivals all over Europe, often on the headlining position (Keep It True, Hammer of Doom and Metal Forces in Germany, Muskelrock in Sweden, Metal Magic in Denmark, Metal Merchants in Norway, Malta Doom Metal in Malta, Up the Hammers in Greece, Doom Over Vienna in Austria, Power of the Night in Cyprus, Teilia Prog in France, UK, Play It Loud and Play It Doom, and many other Italian events).
• For fans of: Adramelch, Manilla Road, Thunder Rider, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune, The Trip, Goblin, Vavel, Cirith Ungol, Omega (UK), Museo Rosenbach, Biglietto per l'Inferno...
Cover art by Alice Bertoncini (www.alicebertoncini.it).