HEATHENDOM "The Symbolist" (CD)Dark Power/Doom Metal (February 2011)
TITLE: "The Symbolist"
GENRE: Dark Power/Doom Metal
RELEASE DATE: February 7th, 2011
LABEL: Metal On Metal Records
CATALOG ID: MOMR10023
FORMAT: CD in jewel case • 10 tracks (approx. 53 min.) • 12 pages stapled booklet with lyrics, band photos and info • All full-color
1. Endistancement by the Null Position (04:34)
2. Alternate Sickness (06:07)
3. The Symbolist (04:50)
4. My Obedience (05:11)
5. Black Euphoria (04:32)
6. Sanctified (04:14)
7. The Concept of Reason (05:56)
8. Die Insane (05:07)
9. Prescience of the End (05:20)
10. An Angel, a Demon and a Dying God (07:24)
Total playing time: 53:10
HEATHENDOM didn't rest on laurels, but pushed the envelope even further. The Greeks shed doom elements almost completely, instead concentrating on intense and dark power metal stemming from the US and Scandinavian school (SANCTUARY, NEVERMORE, MEMORY GARDEN, MORGANA LEFAY...), but on their 2nd full-length they venture into the technical thrash (ANNIHILATOR, HEXENHAUS) and even further into the movie soundtrack territories, incorporating classical instrumentation into their intricate arrangements. Not only the vocalist, who often sounds slightly deranged, reminds of the king of horror metal, but the spirit of KING DIAMOND works hovers over this music. Perfect production boosts this unique metal gem, highlighting every single instrument.
• The follow up to the successful debut, with high-grade songwriting, performance and brilliant production.
• The 2008 debut CD "Nescience" gained over 50 rave reviews, "Album of the Month" title in Metal Hammer (Greece) magazine and was reissued in 2010 due to big demand.
• The band played at Bridgefest in London in August 2010.
• For fans of: King Diamond, Sanctuary, Morgana Lefay, Memory Garden, Communic, Nevermore, Annihilator, Hexenhaus, Hades...
Cover art by Michail Vlavianos