MORTALICUM "The Endtime Prophecy" (CD)Doom / Heavy Metal / Hard Rock (April 2012)
TITLE: "The Endtime Prophecy"
GENRE: Doom/Heavy Metal/Hard Rock
RELEASE DATE: April 27th, 2012
LABEL: Metal On Metal Records
CATALOG ID: MOMR12033
FORMAT: CD in jewel case • 9 tracks (approx. 46 min.) • 12 pages stapled booklet with lyrics, band photos and info • All full-color
1. My Dying Soul (04:24)
2. Revelation Within (04:52)
3. The Endtime Prophecy (04:25)
4. When Hell Freezes Over (04:16)
5. Devil's Hand (04:01)
6. Dark Night (04:30)
7. Ballad of a Sorrowful Man (06:45)
8. Embracing Our Doom (10:41)
9. The End (02:32)
Total playing time: 46:26
2 years after the debut album, MORTALICUM follow up with a new vintage heavy doom-rocking release. These Swedes play genuine, earthy Doom Metal combined with a healthy dose of early '80s Heavy Metal and '70s Hard Rock, with a really warm vibe. Imagine a blend of BLACK SABBATH, GRAND MAGUS, DIO, RAINBOW, SPIRITUAL BEGGARS, DEEP PURPLE, THIN LIZZY, TROUBLE and SAMSON... MORTALICUM take it from there and add their own personal touch. What we have here are songs with dramatic arrangements, riffs heavier than lead and hotter than hell, doomy grooves, beautifully yet crushingly jamming bass lines, thundering drum patterns, interlaced with melodies that will enchant you and linger in your head, heartfelt guitar solos, emotion-filled, distinctive singing and passionate performance.
• 2nd full-length album of this Swedish doom-rocking band.
• The band played a short tour in UK in February 2011, including co-headlining show at Doomsday IV festival.
• Cover art featuring a fragment of the famous Last Judgement fresco from the Cathedral of Florence.
• For fans of: Black Sabbath, Grand Magus, Rainbow, Dio, Spiritual Beggars, Deep Purple, Thin Lizzy, Trouble...
Cover art by Giorgio Vasari (1511-1574) and Federico Zuccari (1541-1609).